Mon, Mar 04|
Including All Children and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Time & Location
Mar 04, 2024, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
This 3 hour course is intended to provide a basic overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the basic requirements of this law,
and how this applies to child care programs.
This course costs $32 per participant.
There are no prerequisites required for completing this course.
0.3 IACET CEUs or 3 Core of Knowledge Hours: Special Needs- 3
COURSE LOGISTICS, MATERIALS & EQUIPMENT:
● Virtual: A laptop, computer or tablet that includes a functional camera, microphone and headphones/speaker is required in
order to complete this course virtually. A phone device is not acceptable. A Powerpoint Handout will be provided to each
participant via email prior to their scheduled course.
The Instructor will utilize Powerpoint slides and speech to present the content material. A variety of videos, charts and tables may
be utilized to demonstrate content ideas and concepts.
Participants will be able to identify:
1. The basic requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act;
2. Inclusionary practices based on national standards and best practices in early childhood education and school-age
3. Strategies for including all children in early childhood education and school-age programs; and
4. Available local, state, and national resources.
LEARNER ASSESSMENT METHOD:
Participants' knowledge will be assessed through a Post-Assessment via Google Form and the Google Form link will be provided to
each participant immediately following a course. The assessment will include multiple choice and/or matching questions to test
comprehension. Upon successful completion and receiving a 75% or higher, participants will receive their certificate by email.
CRITERIA FOR EARNING IACET CEUs:
Participants will be awarded their certificates when the following has been met:
1. Course has been paid in full.
2. Participants have attended the course from beginning to end.
3. Participants have completed the Post-Assessment, scoring a 75% or higher.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS:
Please make sure that you confirm that this is the correct training that you need before paying and registering. Once you make a payment, you will only be eligible for a refund if the request is made prior to 5 business days before the event. Due to card processing and service fees incurred by the Event Website, you will receive the amount you paid minus $2.80. If the request is made within the 5 business days before the event, you will only be eligible to receive a credit toward a future learning event. This credit will be redeemable up to 12 months from the scheduled learning event that is being canceled.
- Ticket type
Live Zoom WebinarSale ends: Mar 04, 5:30 PM
Mar 04, 5:30 PMPrice$32.00
+$0.80 service fee+$0.80 service fee